Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thought-Theatre: Christmas Day

I don't remember what year it was exactly, but it could have been around 1998. It was Christmas day and I remember wearing my pale blue/violet Mango t-shirt, and opening up a present which turned out to be a Batman Forever (or Batman & Robin) Robin on a motorbike of some kind - in fact there is a picture with all of that in it.

The next thing I remember, me, Matt, mum, dad, Mark (my uncle), and gran and grandad were all at my house and it was a bright, sunny day. We were all in the dining room and then ended up on the veranda, then we decided to get to Kingston Beach for the day (which was down Beach Rd). However, on the way we went past beach road and down Darcy's restaurant and up a little rural road (to this day I still have no idea what we were doing there). Then we went to the beach and from memory it seemed like we were only there for about 10 minutes, but in reality it was probably about an hour or two.

I then recall us going to a fish and chip shop and I would always get nothing but a potato scallop. And that's really all I remember of that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment