Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thought-Theatre: Jason

Ages ago (we're talking back when I only went to Lipscum day-care) I had this friend called Jason (at least I think that was his name; for the purposes of this blog, it is). Jason was a little boy like me, and I think he was a little younger than me. He had straight blonde hair and always seemed to smile and he used to wear knitted jumpers.

My only real memory of Jason is what he looked like and this one time at day-care it was a grey, dull day, and we were all outside playing and for some reason we were playing "family" (where each person pretends to be a member of the family); and no matter what, I always wanted to be the baby for some reason. And yeah, that's pretty much all I remember of him.

However, I have memories of the same (or a similar) day, where it was the first ever day I got to ride in one of those yellow karts they have at day-care centres (the ones shaped like eggs). Then mum picked me up and we drove through the outskirts of the city passed that pizza place I vaguely remember, and for the first time I saw the flashing yellow arrow on the traffic lights. I asked mum what it meant, and she told me that it means you can turn the way the arrow is pointing, slowly and with caution. And ever since, I remember that moment so clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment