Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thought-Theatre: Gods of War

I finally remembered another thing that happened with that kid who called me the "C" word (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, read this).

I was outside once again (not sure where - could have been my front yard or the park 10 seconds away). I was playing peacefully, which was most likely some kind of Pokemon or Mario game I played by myself, when him and a bunch of his friends (there was at least 3 others, and I think it was 2 guys and one girl), all on bikes, came up to me and started talking to me; but it was that "we just want to pick on you" talk. I'm almost certain I threatened to get my brother onto them, because I thought my brother was really strong just because he was older. I think they laughed at me.

I went inside to get my brother and his friend Andrew (who is one of the nicest guys in the world) who were watching TV at the time. I remember Andrew pouncing out of the chair and was on strict alert, and my brother unenthusiastically followed. I remember going around to the side of the house to fill up water bombs to chuck at them.

When we were walking up towards them, I had that huge rush of adrenaline you get when you're about to kick some serious ass or save the day. Matt, Andrew, and I each had about 3 to 5 water bombs, and Andrew started that whole 'defensive' talk back to the them, and I remember throwing a water bomb at one of the kid's tyres (I think he was about my age and had long blonde hair), and knowing my luck, the water bomb didn't pop but just rolled around on the road. They all laughed at me.

Sadly, that's where my heroic thought ends: knowing that I failed. But I'm pretty sure we won the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment