Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thought-Theatre: Simple Stealings

I was discussing this today in maths class with my friend Aiden, so I thought I would write the whole story.

About 5 minutes from my house in Huntingfield was a rather large shopping mall type thing which had a few little shops and I can name most of them (skip to the end of this paragraph if you don't care): a florist; an optometry; Wendy's ice-cream thing; a butcher; a shoe shop; a pharmacy; a bakery; a newsangency; Chickenfeed (which is essentially the Tasmanian Go-Lo); a key crafter place; and some other things, but most importantly to this story a Purity (which is now called Woolworths).

The reason I told you that, is because to understand the end of this story you need to know that only the doors of the actual mall building had those scanners that detected stolen goods - not the individual shops. Anyway, on to the actual story...

I must have been about 4 or 5. Maybe 6. Mum, dad, and I went to go to Purity to buy a few things, and being the awesome kid I was I headed straight for the toy aisle. They used to sell these little packets of 4 small Pokemon figures, and I wanted one (duh). I knew my parents wouldn't get it for me, so I looked around to see if anyone was looking and when the coast was clear I shoved the packet down my pants so it was held to my body by the elastic in my trackies.

I found mum and told her I was going to go to the toilet, which was right next to Purity. So, I stealthily snuck under the register lines and walked straight past the non-existant security into the toilets where I opened the pack of figures and threw away the packaging so the scanners wouldn't get me on the way out. But of course karma hit me and they were 4 figures I already had (it was one of those sets that had the same 4 per pack). Nonetheless, I got 4 free Pokemon figures!

When it was time to go, we got in the car outside (it was dusky and just going into twilight - the sky was a vague orange) and I held up an Igglybuff figure to mum who was in the driver's seat and told her I found it under the shelves in Purity, not showing her the others - also, it was slightly dirty for reasons unknown which made my story even more believable. She said "I hope you didn't steal it." and I casually replied "No, I didn't."

I bet now all of you think I'm some kind of theify kid because of this and my other post. I promise that's all the stealing I ever did as kid! I'm just amazed at how easy it is to steal...

No comments:

Post a Comment