Saturday, January 15, 2011

Google Maps Has Failed Me

Hello world,

So, the other day I was on Google Maps looking around Tasmania to see how it's changed (as I normally do), and I tried to visit my old school. I was on the bird's eye-view on the map, and it wouldn't let me scroll down onto the area where it was. "Fair enough", I though, so I went to the nearest street, zoomed in, and tried to "drive" there. But, it wouldn't let me go any further. So I tried the other side - and it still wouldn't let me. I wondered why, but then after a few seconds I decided to give up (give up, not quit - only quitters quit).

I was watching TV with mum that same day and I told her about it - she mentioned that it might be to prevent pedophiles finding where the school is (this makes sense, because it wasn't even listed on the map), and I told her I also couldn't find my old vacation care centre on there either - so I told her she was right. She advised I searched for another school to see if I could access it.

The next day, I took a trip up the hill in Murray Street towards Moruya Public School. I had full access to it. I could see classrooms and the blacktop and all. So, I have come to 3 conclusions: Moruya isn't important enough to secure the safety of the school kids here; my old school was demolished/exploded; or Google Maps fails. I'll leave it up to you, kind reader, to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment