Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Comic Book Idea: "Antenna Man"

Hello world,

A couple of months ago I was on Wikipedia, "researching" all of the villains in Spider-Man. I must have gone through over 30 of them. It got me thinking of my own ideas, and one idea stood out the most. I wanted to design serious villains; their backstories, powers, and all. However, I also wanted to design a not-so-serious comic book superhero that I could joke around with. I realised that I could combine the two and make a serious comic book, but still have the basis of a fun, muck-around type of thing.

I came up with the concept of a fat guy dressed up in a ridiculous orange and teal silk suit with a TV arial on his head. With this idea I could still make the comic series as serious I wanted, but still hold on to the fact that it's all a bit of a joke.

I'm in the middle of creating the whole concept of the story, as well as character designs and such. I have about 5 villains in mind that I'd like to put to paper and such. The best part about it is that it's something you can be creative about but at the same time really enjoy it. I think the only issues I will face is the character design - I can picture them almost perfectly in my head, but when it comes to drawing them they never turn out the same. That will hold me back a lot.

I plan to post a lot of information for this idea on my blog. That way, all of you guys can see it and I'll know where it is each time I go looking for what I've already done. I can post pictures on here too, so each time I finish designing a character I can post it on here and hopefully you guys can tell me what you think, and what I should change/add.

I think I'll get to work on posting the key ideas I already have written down right after I post this, so stay tuned for that, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment