Friday, March 4, 2011

Thought-Theatre: Bye-Bye, Raichu

Another story about having a Raichu taken away from me, yet again at vacation care. Only this time it was a plush toy. It must have been a year after my figurine was taken, and as you guessed I didn't learn my lesson.

There used to be these twins that went to vacation care, and they were actually really awesome guys to hang around with. I remember that I thought one of them looked like that guy from the band Five. I only actually remember one time I hang out with of them, and that was the nice one, and we were playing Foosball in the games room.

Anyway, one of them (who I now refer to as the mean one), asked me if he could borrow my Raichu plush overnight. Like with the last guy, I hesitated before agreeing. He took it home that night, and came back the next day and I asked for it, and he said he left it at home. He did this about three times, and I think eventually those twins stopped going to vacation care (school may have started again or something).

A few months passed, and then vacation care went on a picnic in the park I remember clearly, yet don't remember where it was. I found him, and I started talking to him. I eventually asked "So, how's my Raichu going?" (because I used to believe stuffed toys had feelings), and he said "I traded it for a bunch of Pokemon cards." - my heart shattered into pieces at that moment.

To this day, I have never actually owned another Raichu toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment