Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thought-Theatre: Ethnic Endangerment

Back in year one me and my brother had to catch the bus to and from school. There was this kid on the bus who was some sort of ethnicity (I think - well, he had olive coloured skin and black hair, so he could be anything), and he was my brother's age, but he went to a different school.

One day on the bus ride home, that kid and my brother were arguing for some reason, or he was just teasing my brother and whatnot. The details are unimportant. When we got off the bus, they continued to yell at each other, and then that kid through something at my brother - it was either a rock or something wrapped in foil, because I remember it being slightly shiny. It hit him in the head (the eye, as I recall), and he fell to the ground. Everyone then swarmed him, and then I remember yelling "You fucking idiot!".

I then went home; and either I ran home to tell mum or I just walked home in the hope that he would be okay and disregarded it. In the end, I remember it being about 15 minutes later when I saw Matt walking home safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment