Friday, March 4, 2011

Thought-Theatre: Rai Would You Do That?

Usually when I went to vacation care I would take a little Pokemon zip-up pouch full of Pokemon figurines. I remember once for a late Christmas present I got a 3-pack of Pokemon figures, and one of them was a Raichu. I took that to vacation care one time, and a red-headed kid (forget his name) asked if he could borrow it. Being the nice kid I was, I said yes; although I think I did hesitate a bit before agreeing.

It was about half an hour before I saw him again, and when I asked him for my Raichu back, he said he didn't have it. I'm not sure what my exact response was, but I'm pretty sure I just asked him why he didn't have it. He responded by saying "Oh, well, I was finished with it so I threw it in the bin..." - I think I almost cried.

I got my brother, who got the teacher-thingy (they didn't teach us anything, so I don't know what to call them), who then got me, my brother, and that red-headed kid together. I explained what happened and the only thing the teacher said was "Okay, well, next time, don't throw things that aren't yours in the bin [to him], and next time don't lend him anything [to me]", and that's it. To this day I have no idea why I didn't just go out to the bin and get it out.

But don't worry - that's not the only time a Raichu was taken away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment